Benefits Coordinator/HR Generalist
Goodwill Industries Big Bend is searching for a Benefits Coordinator/HR Generalist with experience in Benefits Administration. Goodwill Industries offers a generous benefit package including Health, Vision, and Dental insurance as well as Holiday and Sick Leave pay. If you are interested in applying please send your resume to email@example.com with HR Generalist in the subject line.
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level and may carry out some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, affirmative action and employment equity programs.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, i.e. harassment and allegations.
- Coach, counsel and guide managers before the execution of employee disciplinary actions.
- Attend Unemployment hearings when necessary
- Facilitates and/or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce.
- Represents management in investigating, answering and settling grievances, by arranging and scheduling hearing between supervisors and the management team.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in responding to FCHR/EEOC complaints.
- Monition employee evaluations monthly.
- Monitor absenteeism to ensure proper documentation is issued on employees who have excessive tardiness or absenteeism problems.
- Ensure distribution, monitoring Employee Performance Evaluations are done in a timely manner.
- Assist with Safety Consultant with Workers Compensation Cases.
- Monitor employee eligibility for medical, dental and vision insurance. Review benefits with employees and process enrolments, cancellations and changes monthly.
Minimum Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Degree and/or job experience in field (or combination of both); HR Certification, preferred.
- Knowledge of and training in employment law, insurance regulations, COBRA, FMLA, ERISA and related state and federal regulations.
- Previous experience in human resources and/or administration; or
- Any combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Applicant must be able to pass drug screen and background screening. Please send your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.